Residential Elevator Specifications
- See-through car
- No special wiring – runs off of 110V household current
- Designed is meet ASME standards
- Battery operated – runs in BOTH directions during power outages
- Capacity: 1-2 persons, 400 lbs
- Length: up to 14 feet of travel
- Footprint: 38” wide x 48” from wall, or 38” wide x 39” from wall
- Car accommodates small wheelchair, rollator or power chair
- Car controls: up/down, key-switch, E-stop, alarm, diagnostic LED, car light control switch
- Wireless call-boxes enable rider to call or send unit to either landing
- FOB control for remote use
- Constant low voltage battery charging system
- 250 watt motor with dual winding steel drums – 2:1 drive
- High tensile strength extruded aluminum track
- Textured, easy to clean, powder coated finish on car and rail
- Hi-grade Z97.1 approved clear acrylic visions panels
- Angled non-skid covered threshold for easy entry
- AWS certified welded steel car frame
- Telephone in car
- Pull down seat
- Brightly illuminating overhead LED car light – 4 watts, 12 V
- Carpeted floor for sure footing and comfort
- Designed to meet A17.1-2010/CSA B44-10 sec 5.3
- Part V of ASME for Private Residence Elevators
- Meets NEC standards for wiring
- Designed, tested, and assembled in U.S.A.
- Manufacturer warrants the home elevator as follows: 2 years on batteries, 5 years on all other component parts and 180 days labor reimbursement from date of installation. Further warranty details accompany the owners manual. Also, Wizco Construction LLC will provide up to $1,000.00 total (cumulative) toward labor/service calls for 1 year after the 180 day labor reimbursement from manufacturer expires. If the $1,000.00 is used up before that year is up, any further labor/service calls will be charged at the hourly rate at the time the work is performed plus a trip charge. Any labor/service calls after that 1 year is up will be charged the current hourly rate at the time the work is performed plus a trip charge. Warranties are non-transferable and are valid under normal elevator use only, and not to exceed the 400lb. capacity.
- Manual lowering device
Safety Devices & Features
- Safety hatch on top of car stops travel if 20 lbs or more is on top of car.
- Safety pan under car stop travel if four lbs or more of force is exerted underneath car.
- Two ¼” diameter 7 x 19 GAC cables support the car. Each cable has a breaking strength of 7,000 lbs.
- Sliding radial door allows person to get in and out of elevator in an emergency, even between floors.
- Hand rails inside car to assist and stabilize riders
- Emergency unlocking device for door lock
- UL Listed door interlock – senses door is both closed and locked before allowing unit to operate.
- Regular and final limit switches.
- Slack cable safety switches and broken cable safety
- Units have constant pressure controls so the user controls travel at all times.
- 10-12 day complete installation, including remodeling.
- Installs on any wall – even non-load bearing.
- Unassembled to fit any doorway.
- Can be installed in room with ceilings as low as 7’6”.
- No pit, no machine room, no dedicated outlet required.
- Electrical requirements are 110volt, 2 amps
- Only required maintenance is replacing batteries every 2-3 years.
- Technical service support in the USA.
Home Elevator Options
Check our downloadable PDF brochure for the residential elevators by clicking the link, PDF brochure
EC-550 FSM TYP
EC-550 FS TYP
New in 2019 is the 3 stop AE model. It can travel 21' feet with three stops. Unlike our 2 stop SHC models, this will require a Hoistway. This is basically a see through shaft to match the elevator. The hatch cover you see with Luanne in the operation video for our 2 stop elevators will not work with the three stop system.
Some of the main features are as follows:
- Larger 42” x 42” car
- 36” wide door opening…plenty big for a wheelchair
- Can be front entry, pass through, or 90 degree!
- Still battery operated, no pit, no machine room, no dedicated electrical
- 500 lb. capacity
- Runs twice as fast at 18’ per minute
- 3-stop available up to 21’ of travel
- Can be ordered with or without acrylic windows in the side walls
- HOIST-WAY INSTALLS ONLY…BUT,
- Any of our other cars can be put on this trolley system…meaning there is now availability of any 3-stop unit using any of our car sizes.